Brian Freer, Ph.D.
Business Executive, Entrepreneur, and Scholar
Professional and academic overview: An engaged professional cultivating opportunities to draw upon my business and academic background to play key roles in shaping and contributing to dynamic teams focused on converting ideas into formats of use in the marketplace.
Expertise: Academic/Business Nexus, New Markets, Executive Management, Contracts, Compliance, Environmental, Quality, Sales, Leadership, Business Strategy, Software Development, Research, R&D Team Leadership.
- Founder of dynamic and growing consulting firm, Co-Founder of business software company
- Due diligence lead, on behalf of seller, for $250M business sale to Fortune 100 entity
- Lead negotiator on complex sales transaction for the sale of privately held software company that helped both parties avoid litigation
- Responsible for achieving, maintaining, and growing annual sales revenue nearing $1M over 18 year period (Freer and ESA)
- Developed original concept for business software application in use today
- Multiple implementations of management systems for certification in several sectors
- Design and installation of waste treatment systems.
- Book contract with West Virginia University Press for book forthcoming in 2020
- Lead author of chemical processing engineering history for US Department of Energy
- Keynote Speaker at International Conferences and Invited Guest Lecturer and Panelist at Universities
- Key participant in Transition Committee responsible for hiring new Director to succeed founder after 25 year tenure