The Clean Boatyard Program provides an opportunity for boatyards to attract and maintain customers while demonstrating a commitment to the environment. This voluntary program, which was created by partners in the public and private sectors, encourages boatyards to implement and maintain sound environmental practices. The Clean Boating Foundation provides two levels of certification as part of this program:
- Clean Boatyard – The boatyard meets the program’s standards.
- Leadership Clean Boatyard – The boatyard exceeds the program’s requirements.
If you’re interested in this program, download this checklist to determine if your boatyard is on track to become a Clean Boatyard. Freer Consulting Co. staff is available to review the checklist with you to see how it applies to your facility.
Freer Consulting Co. provides services to help you achieve and maintain Clean Boatyard or Leadership Clean Boatyard status, as well as other initiatives:
- Consultation in effective best management practices (BMPs).
- Engineering services for waste water and stormwater treatment systems
- Stormwater sampling and laboratory management.
- Regulatory compliance and documentation assistance.
- Permit assistance.
- SWPPP (Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan) development.
- Relevancy assessments of international standards (ISO 14001 Environmental Management System certification).
- Integrated campaigns that blend certification initiatives with marketing.
- Social media to promote your boatyard.
- Vendor and employee training.
- Regulatory and industry trend forecasting.
- Custom studies, research, and historical publications.
We tailor our services to meet your needs and budget—whether you require complete environmental management or help complying with Clean Boatyard standards—our expertise provides peace of mind. And, you only pay for the services you need.
If your boatyard could benefit from our assistance, please contact us at 206-285-9044 or [email protected].