A new Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISGP) is scheduled to take effect on January 1, 2015. Permit holders, who receive coverage under the ISGP, must reapply for coverage by July 1, 2014. To reapply, complete a new Notice of Intent (NOI) online or download and fill out the NOI form.
The changes to the ISGP include the following:
- Facilities that require permit coverage
- Facilities that are excluded from permit coverage
- Specific Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) requirements
- Sampling locations, benchmarks, and effluent limitations
- Corrective actions
- Reporting and recordkeeping
The draft ISGP is available here for public comment through July 11, 2014. The Department of Ecology plans to release the final ISGP in November.
Freer Consulting Co. is available to help you apply for permit coverage. We also offer a number of other stormwater management services:
- Consultation in effective best management practices (BMPs)
- Engineering services for stormwater treatment systems
- Stormwater sampling and laboratory management
- Regulatory compliance and documentation assistance
- SWPPP development
- Vendor and employee training
- Regulatory and industry trend forecasting
- Custom studies, research, and historical publications.
If you are interested in our services, please contact us at 206-285-9044 or [email protected].