Many companies struggle with implementing ISO 9001 without upper management’s leadership. Businesses seeking certification in the latest revision of the ISO 9001 standard should understand the importance of top management being committed to the standard and maintaining compliance with it. Section 5.1 of ISO 9001:2015 stipulates the ways in which management should exhibit leadership with respect to their company’s quality management system. Among the requirements are:
• taking accountability for the effectiveness of the system;
• ensuring the integration of the system into the company’s processes;
• communicating the importance of the quality management system and conforming to its requirements;
• promoting improvement; and
• supporting others whose role is to ensure the effectiveness of the system.
If you need assistance with any stage of the ISO certification process, Freer has the knowledge and experience to help you achieve certification and grow your business. For more information, contact us at (206) 285-9044 or email@example.com