A reminder to Washington Industrial Stormwater General Permit (ISGP) holders: a new ISGP was issued on December 3, 2014 and went into effect on January 2, 2015. We encourage you to review the new permit, as it contains changes that may affect your business. A summary of the most significant changes can be found here. They include:
• Additional SWPPP requirements.
• Continuation of consistent attainment from the previous permit. Once consistent attainment for a parameter is achieved, the permit holder may suspend testing for that parameter for up to three years.
• Additional sampling requirements for specific industries.
• Additional sampling requirements and effluent limits for stormwater discharges to impaired water bodies.
• Additional best management practices (BMPs) for stormwater discharges to Puget Sound sediment cleanup sites.
• Additional sampling documentation.
Once you identify the ISGP changes that apply to your business, make any necessary modifications (for example, add new BMPs or update your SWPPP) to ensure compliance.
Freer Consulting is available to assist you with ISGP coverage and compliance. For more information, contact us at 206-285-9044 or [email protected].